airtraffic

Author Topic: UK ATC  (Read 35052 times)

Offline rwcommand

UK ATC
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »
Hi,

Ohh dam it I hate the atc laws in the UK, I will have to sign the petition!

Thats a shame because I live in London and could have provided a few airport feeds.

:-(

Ray

Offline ect76

• EGPH
Re: UK ATC
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »
Hi Ray,

I feel your pain. It's a very outdated law with no real purpose that needs to be abolished.
However, i fear it never will be.

I'd love to listen to Heathrow - Our Kennedy.
I often listen  to Edinburgh when I'm close enough, and I can hear some Scottish Control as well as Dundee Airport from where I live.
There also used to be a stream of Glasgow Airport out there too, but I think that's dead now.

Unfortunately, things don't look set to change any time soon.
There was a petition on the Your Freedom website, but that website has now closed.

Ewan
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:05:06 PM by ect76 »

Offline sunburn

• flickr.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »
*listens to east midlands tower with his own scanner*
i'm afraid this will be the only way we'll be able to do this, but if only i could stream and share the excitement of the diversions from all the snow!

Offline rwcommand

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 07:18:38 PM »
Well I think its fair to say that unfortunatly I don't think there going to change any laws in the UK, and to bad that the petition is now no longer avaliable.

Looks like the enjoyment will be kept in the few who do have radios, well I hope I hear some interesting convo now the snow is slowly coming.

I'll post if I hear anything good!

Ray

Offline gunrunner99

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 08:00:59 PM »
I am kind of confused are you not allowed to scan aviation band transmissions in the UK?

Offline tyketto

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:59:12 PM »

Offline rwcommand

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 10:30:48 AM »
I found a website the other day - www.flightradar24.com that shows live air traffic, BUT NOT Voice transmissions but just shows where the aeroplanes are in the sky.

I have sat out in my garden with my laptop, watched planes fly by and it really is real-time air traffic, well in the UK it is. I thought it was pretty cool.

I didn't do a search in forum for if people have seen this already....sorry

Hope you like it!

:-)

Offline Paulbc

• Corporate Aviation News 24/7
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
Well, when I set up that petition it said that if further consultation was to be entered into they would contact me, which they haven't. So I guess the stupid 1941 (!!!!) law won't be consigned to history any time soon. Oh well, it was worth a try, and thanks to all who signed it.

RE: flightradar24.com - I think a hell of a lot of LiveATC visitors visit FR24 just as often, especially if you're interested in well-covered zones that LiveATC also has a feed for, such as most of Europe. (BTW, www.marinetraffic.com does the same for boats - it's quite cool, even if you're not into shipping!).

For Heathrow geeks, don't forget www.heathrowcam.net - there's a webcam pointed at the glidescope of 27R and he also has a great live stream for £1/month.

Paul
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:26:37 PM by Paulbc »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 09:07:45 AM »
Not surprising that they haven't reached out.  I am working behind the scenes on this and can't comment on details but I am hopeful that something can be resolved in the coming year.

Well, when I set up that petition it said that if further consultation was to be entered into they would contact me, which they haven't. So I guess the stupid 1941 (!!!!) law won't be consigned to history any time soon. Oh well, it was worth a try, and thanks to all who signed it.

RE: flightradar24.com - I think a hell of a lot of LiveATC visitors visit FR24 just as often, especially if you're interested in well-covered zones that LiveATC also has a feed for, such as most of Europe. (BTW, www.marinetraffic.com does the same for boats - it's quite cool, even if you're not into shipping!).

For Heathrow geeks, don't forget www.heathrowcam.net - there's a webcam pointed at the glidescope of 27R and he also has a great live stream for £1/month.

Paul

Offline mrhahn

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »
That would be brilliant, Dave! Being able to listen to RT at your leisure is an invaluable learning tool for pilots, so any change in the law is most welcome.

Offline N823CS

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »
This flightradar24.com is awesome I can't stop looking at it

Offline Kukanotas

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
Sorry for bumping up and old thread, but if anyone is interested in UK ATC feeds maybe this petition can help a bit.. https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/33967

Offline nox

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 05:49:42 AM »
Sorry for bumping up and old thread, but if anyone is interested in UK ATC feeds maybe this petition can help a bit.. https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/33967

Thanks and done :)

This should be made a sticki ***

Offline scott15

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 04:29:09 PM »
Signed :)