airtraffic

Author Topic: VIR 19 KSFO 7/12/06  (Read 3939 times)

Offline diskus

VIR 19 KSFO 7/12/06
« on: July 12, 2006, 09:45:54 PM »
I had an interesting experience today. Im sure some of you are familiar with the fine DVD production on the EGLL KSFO  747-400 Virgin 19 flight.

Well I live in the SF Bay area. Today I decided to take a long hike up one of the many high hilltops we have in the area. I decided to bring along my scanner as I sometimes do, to see what I can pickup.

Well not long after I had started my way down from the top of my climb. I came accross a call from todays VIR 19 flight descending out of 24000, If I recall the altitude correctly. Being familar with the air frequencies in the area, and following both the First Officers calls and controllers as well, I was able to clearly follow the flight down through 5 frequencies and the ground controller through to the gate. It was quite interesting to hear, They followed the same approach as is seen on the DVD.

NOw the most interesting thing was the fact that to me atleast it sounded like it was the same first officer on the comm as is seen on the DVD. I could be wrong but I heard him many times clearly and his voice is distinct. It was quite reminiscant of the DVD.

Anyway thats something I thought I would pass on to anyone who might find it interesting.

Oh I wanted to add for you bay area types or others, the frequencies

Thanks

Mike

Offline KMSY

Re: VIR 19 KSFO 7/12/06
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 10:17:29 PM »
I think that's very possible. I don't know how many pilots Virgin Atlantic employs, but with a fleet of only 33, I think there is a better chance of hearing the same Virgin Atlantic pilot twice than hearing, say, a WN pilot twice.
But then again, the radio makes just about every guy sound the same.