airtraffic

Author Topic: Want to hear UK ATC?  (Read 15450 times)

Offline melrob

Want to hear UK ATC?
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:36:23 AM »
The UK Government has a website asking which laws serve no purpose and should be changed. Let's get busy and let them know that we want the freedom to listen to UK ATC.

Tell Them to repeal or change the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949 (WT Act)

Here's the website  http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/

This might be the best chance we have ....

Cheers.

Offline retro11

Re: Want to hear UK ATC?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:15:13 PM »
vote,let your fingers do the talking maybe then uk atc might join in with the rest of the world via this wonderfull website . there is live radar (flightradar24) and a live webcam (heathrowcam.net) but no atc comms. time for a wee nudge to this new goverment...

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net

Offline Paulbc

• Corporate Aviation News 24/7
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »
Please support this proposal:

http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/repealing-unnecessary-laws/air-traffic-radio-listening-rebroadcast

Hey everyone,
I'm the guy who wrote the proposal at the above address. I'd like to ask if you could all rate it and comment on it at the link because that's how the proposals get sorted into order of importance and consequently a better change of being effected. If you have or visit other websites/forums, could you please also mention it and provide the link there.

Thanks to all who have rated and commented so far, but we must have more!

Regards,
Paul

Offline Yachydda

• Yachydda.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 06:08:41 PM »
Hi everyone... Im a newbie but hey.....I support the idea 100% ... is there a petion of sorts to put forward...? just a thought.
Also I run and own a website that live streams London (West Drayton) ATC but in accordance with the rules of this site will not place it here... anyway, I belive my site to be outside of British jurisdiction although the stream is captured here in the uk...
I also belive that the government are in favour of freeing up UK ATC but are at present testing the water to see if the responce is positive enough to allow the change in the law....lets hope its not too far away.
regards Yachydda

Offline retro11

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »
it seems like the uk is the missing piece in this atc worldwide jigsaw . ps aware where i can hear LONDON CALLING ...

Offline Casper87

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 10:52:33 AM »
Hi everyone... Im a newbie but hey.....I support the idea 100% ... is there a petion of sorts to put forward...? just a thought.
Also I run and own a website that live streams London (West Drayton) ATC but in accordance with the rules of this site will not place it here... anyway, I belive my site to be outside of British jurisdiction although the stream is captured here in the uk...
I also belive that the government are in favour of freeing up UK ATC but are at present testing the water to see if the responce is positive enough to allow the change in the law....lets hope its not too far away.
regards Yachydda

Your website may be outside of UK jurisdiction, however the stream will be covered by UK law. FYI, London Control ( LAC & LTC ) are now both based at Swanwick.

Offline melrob

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 11:48:52 PM »
regards Yachydda

My dad was from Mold and my Mum from Holywell ... enjoying your feeds .. thanks!

Offline Yachydda

• Yachydda.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »
Hi ..... Ofcom are very persuasive.... unfortunatly because my site has been flagged its publishing of recordings of ATC is not possible iether.... Have joined the link:
http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/repealing-unnecessary-laws/air-traffic-radio-listening-rebroadcast and will paste it into my site.
can anyone tell me if there is an active petion about this... seems it should have no problem getting some of the millions who enjoy ATC to sign it
Regards

Offline ect76

• EGPH
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »
I think the link you posted acts as a sort of petition.

It's on the Government site to repeal unnecessary laws, and I think they will review the most popular ones.
Our only chance is to get as many comments and ratings on the link you posted as possible.

Regards

Offline melrob

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 01:33:04 AM »
Hi ..... Ofcom are very persuasive.... unfortunatly because my site has been flagged its publishing of recordings of ATC is not possible iether.... Have joined the link:
http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/repealing-unnecessary-laws/air-traffic-radio-listening-rebroadcast and will paste it into my site.
can anyone tell me if there is an active petion about this... seems it should have no problem getting some of the millions who enjoy ATC to sign it
Regards

I can't believe the UK Government is wasting money monitoring feeds such as yours in difficult economic times .... there must be more pressing matters than this for them to monitor ridiculous!!  I hope many many people will let the Government know that this silly law needs to be changed.

Offline ect76

• EGPH
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »
You would think it wouldn't make such a difference.

However, Yachydda told me in a private message:

"its a stupid law my website has recieved a court order telling me that unless it stops criminal procedings would follow....no more warnings... not that I had any...the order was issued yesterday in Cardiff and delivered by a bailif and a policeman... what a waste of public funds... a simple letter or phone call would have done... "

What a waste of funds.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »
Clearly they have too much time on their hands.  They ought to be ashamed of themselves for wasting taxpayer money on this.  But sadly that happens all over the world, almost without exception.

Fear not - eventually this will cease to be an issue.  I just can't say exactly when.

Dave

Offline Casper87

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 03:41:59 PM »
True, but at least the laws not enforced as much as it could be. I.e you can still use scanners around airports and the police turn a blind eye.

Found these earlier if anyones interested. EGLL Tower mostly, some APP.

Casper