airtraffic

Author Topic: We Listen... but does anyone watch HF Data?  (Read 10785 times)

Offline kd4moj

We Listen... but does anyone watch HF Data?
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:07:30 PM »
Just  curious if anyone else monitors the HF data (PC-HFDL)?

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline bbrasmussen

• Aviation Photos
Re: We Listen... but does anyone watch HF Data?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:20:45 AM »
I watch HFDL data periodically. It's been a while. It's a kick to see data from an aircraft half way around the world.  Now that I finally have a computer that's able to run all the programs I want to run at the same time, I need to play around with it again. I believe it integrates with Planeplotter, which I just set up.

Speaking of data, I have to add that it's a kick to get a virtual radar receiver (ADS-B receiver).  I've loved watching real time data from my SBS-3 as I listen to the radio traffic. Viewing the data whether it be HFDL,  ACARS ,or ADS-B/Mode-s adds a whole new dimension to air traffic monitoring.

Offline Turbo68

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 02:46:26 AM »
Hi Doug im using the Kinetic SBS-3 Virtual Radar also Charles Brain HFDL program..

Regards Lino..

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »
If you have a way to attach to a stream directly to the decoder app, verses feeding audio from one computer with the stream player to another with the decoder, maybe it would make sense for me to stream a couple data frequencies at 32k. You could probably multiplex two or three with minimal collisions. What are the most active... I'll take a look at them.

Offline kd4moj

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:42:02 PM »
Hi Doug im using the Kinetic SBS-3 Virtual Radar also Charles Brain HFDL program..

Regards Lino..

I've been wanting the SBS-3 for quite some time. Just needs to save the bux!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline SQWK7700

• Feeder for YMML YMEN YMMB
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »
I watch HFDL data periodically. It's been a while. It's a kick to see data from an aircraft half way around the world.  Now that I finally have a computer that's able to run all the programs I want to run at the same time, I need to play around with it again. I believe it integrates with Planeplotter, which I just set up.

Speaking of data, I have to add that it's a kick to get a virtual radar receiver (ADS-B receiver).  I've loved watching real time data from my SBS-3 as I listen to the radio traffic. Viewing the data whether it be HFDL,  ACARS ,or ADS-B/Mode-s adds a whole new dimension to air traffic monitoring.

Hi Guys, could you post a description of your setup for this, apps used, radio's used, modes etc. I'd be interested in pushing into service some little used HF receiver for this. Cheers Darrin