Author Topic: What happened to 2 way communication on 126.7  (Read 5023 times)

Offline kc97chief

What happened to 2 way communication on 126.7
« on: May 23, 2015, 03:05:46 PM »
Hi fellow aviators. I am retired and living in Palm Desert and follow socal tracon on my Uniden analog receiver. I stay with 126.7 for two way listening or at least I was. I noticed a few weeks back that I was only hearing the controller on 126.7 and I could no longer hear the calling aircraft. Anyone know why the change? Are there any other repeater frequencies that are within the Palm Desert area? Thanks

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: What happened to 2 way communication on 126.7
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 06:49:55 AM »
Hi fellow aviators. I am retired and living in Palm Desert and follow socal tracon on my Uniden analog receiver. I stay with 126.7 for two way listening or at least I was. I noticed a few weeks back that I was only hearing the controller on 126.7 and I could no longer hear the calling aircraft. Anyone know why the change? Are there any other repeater frequencies that are within the Palm Desert area? Thanks

Is this 24/7 or only during certain times of day?  Sometimes controllers will "combine up" (combine frequencies at one controller position) during the mids (midnight shifts).

Offline datainmotion

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 03:48:24 PM »
As an example, at night time, DEN TRACON moves all App/Dep traffic to the Dep frequencies. At that time, only the controller can be heard on App frequencies.
I assume this is done as there is less traffic and the two can be managed by fewer controllers.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 03:56:04 AM »
As an example, at night time, DEN TRACON moves all App/Dep traffic to the Dep frequencies. At that time, only the controller can be heard on App frequencies.
I assume this is done as there is less traffic and the two can be managed by fewer controllers.

Correct.  ATC facilities all over the world do this - typically on the "mids" (late night/midnight shift).