Author Topic: What planes are regarded as heavies?  (Read 21319 times)

Offline sykocus

Re: What planes are regarded as heavies?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 03:30:23 AM »
Well I didn't mean to stir things up I was only relaying what I knew. I've worked several H/752's. They were military charters from PHIK to PGUA. The fact that they were filed as heavies is what makes them stick out. It caused much head scratching at first until a letter was put out in the R&I about certain operators having 757's capable of a MTOW of greater then 255k lbs. It's up to the operators to file their flight plans with the H weight class. I don't blame anyone for not simply taking my word for it, so I'll try and track down some official info.

I did come across this discussion on another site.
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/tech_ops/read.main/97610/1/#1

Offline rpd

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 09:22:17 PM »
Here is an example of a H/B753 enroute to DTW.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NWA419
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:28:05 PM by rpd »

Offline jmcmanna

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 07:31:04 AM »
It's the H/B752's that we're interested in

Offline tyketto

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »
The A.net link sykocus mentioned pretty much backs up what I saw. I'm still trying to find more on it though. There is nothing at FA (obviously). What is funny is that I can find the 752s that AMT used; current registration, line number, the entire lot! I'm just not finding how they were configured MTOW wise.

If there were someone here from MDW tower, or someone at C90, who had to get them into and out of  MDW, they'd have more information on them, as they would have seen the flight strips..

BL.