airtraffic

Author Topic: When do you listen in ??  (Read 13598 times)

Falcon900

When do you listen in ??
« on: October 18, 2005, 06:46:47 AM »
I have just set up the feed NZCH and run it until 11:30pm (NZ Time) in the evening but often ask myself what is the best time to have the feed going. It is not 24/7 at present.

Maybe Dave P has the answer or has asked before but I would really like to know when most listen in so I can maximise the benefit to others around the world.

Do they listen

1.Before work?
2.At work?
3.In the evening.
4.All the time??

Maybe it is a future poll question.

I know that I listen in the evening which is early morning in European Time ( great for listening into Dublin) but that most of the USA is still asleep and things are quiet there.

I would just really like to know what happeans out there.

Regards

Hayden

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
When do you listen in ??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 07:41:57 AM »
At home, sometimes at work, sometimes in the shower, sometimes in my sleep.  Yeah.  

I wish this site would go away so I can live a normal life again.  :-)

dave

Falcon900

When do you listen in ??
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 02:47:52 PM »
Dave,

You have created a monster............. but we love it.

Congratulations

Offline davys747

• http://www.psychic.co.nz
When do you listen in ??
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:26:36 PM »
Hi Hayden,

I like having the New Zealand feeds online. Thanks so much :D

I listen at all hours of the day because im at uni hence i get to be home at random hours of the day. I think it would be awesome if it could be on all the time however, im not sure how possible that is for you.

I know that Auckland is usually busiest between 4-7pm(?) and 6-9 am(?) and im sure Chirstchurch is no different. So having on in the evening will give you your Euro boys and the boys across the Tasman and having it on in the morning will give your Americans.

Falcon900

My feed goes down periodically for NZCH..don't know why?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 05:14:24 PM »
Hi David,

I wish I could get the feed online more but for some reason it goes off line a short while after I connect, usually when i am at work!

It was fine last night untill 11:30pm and I connected again this morning at 7:30 and wanted to keep it goping all day as this is the best time but again it has gone offline. It is a real pain.

Something is not right. Maybe the virus software is updating and tripping it off i will take a look.

It would be good for an AKL feed and I am lucky to get Chch Info  north to keriKeri. Queenstown would also be great too.

Regards

Hayden

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
When do you listen in ??
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 05:18:34 PM »
Hayden-

Make sure you have not unchecked the option to reconnect in case of an error.  Otherwise you may be having network intermittency problems.

Dave

Falcon900

When do you listen in ??
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 07:24:17 PM »
Dave,

All settings are as per installation, nothing has ben changed at all.

I have just arrived home at 12 midday and it appears that the broadband link has just locked up. It is still connected but there is no data being transmitted from the computer.

Input from the receiver is fine.

The funny thing is that when I go to check the link from my work computer (not at home) both yesterday and today the link has then become disabled. It happened yesterday and today.

Two listeners were online both times and I would have been the third.

Maybe it is just me!

Ummmm??

Will keep trying but we are online now at 12:30pm Wednesday.

I will monitor it.

rgds

Hayden

Offline Jonathan_tcu

When do you listen in ??
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 08:55:45 PM »
I normally listen in at all times.  Sometimes I get a breat on Saturdays, it's the quietest or slowest period for air traffic up here in the north. I always record CZYZ ctr on 128.3 and review the day's traffic.  There's always something bizzare that happens on Saturdays.

Offline Sirclown82

When do you listen in ??
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 12:04:28 AM »
If it drops so much, sounds like you have comcast cable.  :)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
When do you listen in ??
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 07:31:07 AM »
Quote from: sirclown82

This is like saying every single fast-food drive-in line is slow.  I have Comcast and it's rock solid.  ISPs may have problems in certain geographic areas or neighborhoods, but it isn't very useful to slam them based on one person's experience.

Dave

Offline PHL Approach

When do you listen in ??
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 07:38:07 AM »
Quote from: dave

This is like saying every single fast-food drive-in line is slow.  I have Comcast and it's rock solid.  ISPs may have problems in certain geographic areas or neighborhoods, but it isn't very useful to slam them based on one person's experience.

Dave

I definately agree with Dave on this one. Comcast is one of the best ISP's out there (in most areas). Granted they charge an arm and a leg, it's no doubt fast, reliable service. Now I myself have problems with my ISP (Cavalier) in my area. When I look at my logs everyday, my feed disconnects about 8-10 times a day. Some where around once every two hours. But there is definately more to the story.

Offline Sirclown82

When do you listen in ??
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 10:11:02 AM »
Ya'll take things way to serious, lighten up a little. I was just kidding. I have them now and that supplies my feed.

Offline stealth71

When do you listen in ??
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 01:11:20 AM »
I check in afetr work to make sure my ***n computer hasn't locked up. Besides that, I listen late at night as well as when I wake up to see what kind of day I'm going to have at work at the airport.

Offline AmericaWestCMH

• http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/kcmh2.m3u
When do you listen in ??
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 09:32:50 AM »

Comcast in Beaver Falls is superb, never down and consistently 6+mbps.  Wish I could say the same about RoadRunner in Columbus.

Back to the topic, I listen whenever I'm at home.

Falcon900

Auto-Disconnect of feed. ( not the autopilot )
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 12:00:47 AM »
The feed of NZCH has been good to date so I just leave the outlook express to check mail every minute. (Certainly saves time waiting for downloads of .pdf newsletter at the end of the day if nothing else).

I think I have a pretty simple setup and only 320k going out  compared to even the worst US or European rates of 2Mbs it does fine.

What really helps the best the atmospheric conditions. In my location it is far better than a fancy antenna so I hope people tune in every so often when condition give great reception.

Just had a week in Sydney Australia (YSSY), actually stayed about 1.5 miles from the airport so there was plenty to see. Did no take the scanner but should have really as the parallel runway ops was busy all the time, heavies, turbo props and all sorts. Just hope YSSY feed comes back online again soon.

Happy listening and great to hear the new feeds. 100 is not too far off now.

Hayden