Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 492172 times)

Offline fodbuster

Re: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« Reply #225 on: July 16, 2009, 04:38:46 AM »
I am an Airport Duty Manager at a good size airport in the Rocky Mountains.  I love listening to ATC from various airports since I get to talk to ours every day on the radio.  Interesting to see how other airports do it...

Offline braganza

« Reply #226 on: August 09, 2009, 12:17:43 PM »
     Hi my name is nelson I've living 5km from Pearson my whole life so naturally developed a huge interest in aviation, despite being warned lol.
    I did a co-op term in high school as an mechanic and loved it and did a good job, which they appreciated and gave me full time job as an N.D.T tech. I was and apprenticing N.D.T inspector with 1 year and a half of experience under my belt and had  a love hate relationship due to the extream stress and ungodly hours.
   I deiced to take a break from airplanes and thought that experience had rid the aviation bug outta mt system outta my system, and went to school for mechanical engineering.
   I couldn't have been more wrong, i hated mechanical engineering no planes.
So now here i am havng no money for school and leaving for canadore college for aircraft mechanics (eventually as helicopter pilot) and still  have still that stupid fixation with aviation and can't get rid of it.

Offline domin752

« Reply #227 on: August 09, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »
Furloughed Waterskier

Offline ALICIA

« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2009, 02:17:56 AM »
Hello All,

I currently work at JFK as an AOA. One of my coworkers advised me that I can actually hear all
my transmissions to ATC on this website...what a GREAT idea!!

Thanks -

Alicia :-D

Offline iflyhi

« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
what is an  AOA  ?

Offline erikz

« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »
I live directly under Schiphol's Kaagbaan (Runway 06) approach path and therefore I love to hear what planes fly over my house and so on and so on :)

Offline ConnorD

« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2009, 10:50:40 PM »
My name is Connor and I run the KABQ/KAEG/ABQ Approach feed.

I am a VATSIM controller and DATM of vZAB (Albuquerque) ARTCC within VATUSA. Last summer at age 14, I soloed in a schweiser 2-33 glider.

Thanks for the site, Dave, it is great!

Offline cpxxx

« Reply #232 on: September 07, 2009, 05:47:26 AM »
I'm a skydive pilot but like to listen in the ATC around the world. I also used the archives to hear what I sounded like on the radio when I'm working. I'm afraid I was disappointed to hear I sounded like a teenager on the radio despite imagining a much deeper voice than that.  :-o

Oh well, I should practice a bit more :-D

Offline Kaveros

• Kav's Facebook Page
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
I'm a flight simmer that would like to take some flight instruction at my local FBO but the wife won't let me fly.  I've tried to show her how barreling down I-81 in her 89 Nissan POS with god knows how many unlicensed, uninsured, and drunk motorists sharing the road with her is much more dangerous than getting into a much better maintained (relatively, at least) aircraft with an extensively trained and highly regulated pilot is.  But she has a fear of heights and doesn't listen.  Looks like FSX and LiveATC.net is as close as I can get to actually flying.   :-(

Offline marsvia

• http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=mmmx2
    • http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=mmmx2
« Reply #234 on: October 02, 2009, 12:54:07 AM »
 8-)  I'm not new here, but this is a great site.
Been interested in flying.

Offline magic1085

« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2009, 01:04:11 AM »
Wow....am proud to represent the least represented class on this list! 

I am an A&P Mechanic (proud alum of the prestigious Pitt. Institute of Aeronautics!) working on corporate aircraft, and every once in a while an airliner at KBUF....

Why do I frequent this site?  I guess it is because I am a glutton for punishment and can never leave work at the office!

Offline OhioNomad

« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2009, 05:29:18 PM »
New here to this site, I have been a long time mil-com listener, My Dad was in the Army air corp. as a navigator and an older brother is retired Air Force.
I am about 45 miles from Wright-Patt and between Hilltoo-12 Mile MOA and Brush Creek-Buckeye MOA.
I can remember going to Wright-Patt to watch aircraft since I was old enough to walk.

Offline dishfan

« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2009, 02:21:07 AM »
I just have a general interest in aviation and I love to watch the planes at LAX (tho I'm not a planespotter). I am a little bit of a nervous flyer, and I'm loyal to United primarily because of Channel 9. I wish more airlines had that option ... and actually, I've noticed in recent years that fewer United pilots seem to be making air traffic communications available on their flights.  :-(

Anyway ... I love this site! I enjoy listening to the audio clips and learning about ATC from people in the know. And I definitely think air traffic controllers are underappreciated. I have a lot of admiration for all you who help keep the skies safe for all of us!

Offline TheRichLife

« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2009, 01:52:13 AM »
Been licensed as a ham operator since 2006 was KI4RFD and now I'm N4CYA gotta love what my last three call letters stand for  :-D...I always enjoyed listen to live air traffic controllers talking to the pilots coming in and taking off

Offline Camcanfly

• KTPA Tower
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »
I'm a ham radio operator, Ive been licensed since 2007.  I always had a scanner growing up and listened to aviation since I live near Tampa and KPIE.  I'm the feed provider of KTPA which will improve.

Offline rpellicciotti

• Rocket-Boys
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2009, 10:59:49 AM »
Probably should be able to click more than one.  In my case, I am a pilot but I am also a ham radio operator and a scanner enthusiast.

Offline UNATCAZ

« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2009, 10:28:30 PM »
Good evening.  I am an ATCS in AZ.  Been doing it for about 8 years now.  Wouldnt trade it for anything.  Just joined the site, so far so good.  thanks!

Offline bak17

« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2009, 06:45:52 PM »
Good evening/day

I'm 18 years old male from Iceland and I'm a Vatsim controller but I really want to become real life ATC in the future. This site is so great and the first time I heard of it (probably about 1 year ago) I couldn't believe it  :-o . Only one thing that I would appreciate : Live feed from the international airport in Iceland = BIKF= Keflavik. So if there is anyone out there with enough power,please  :-P.
Anyway I love this site and enjoy listening to both the life feed and the audio clips.

Bjarki  :-)

KHAOS

« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2009, 12:35:55 AM »
I am the son of a retired military pilot that is currently flying for the airlines.  I've spent many a night using liveATC.net to listen to my dad crossing the Atlantic and landing at JFK or BWI.  Quite amazing.

I am also a ramp agent at Salt Lake Int'l for UPS, and have always had an interest in aviation, ever since I could have a coherent thought.

Right now I am a student pilot at 32 hours looking to finish my PPL by 45 hours, with goals of eventually flying for a career.

I've got clips from my dad's flights, as well as my own.   Like father, like son.  It's great.  Thanks for the service, liveatc.net. :)

Offline flyingtoohigh

« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2009, 10:11:17 PM »
Hello

I'm a licensed amateur radio operator and communications enthusiast in general. My brother has his pilots license and flies smaller planes in the Ventura county CA area. My buddy Chananya got me posting on here.

Long time reader but new poster...

Offline Hanwool

« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2009, 11:15:14 PM »
I'm the student pilot from Korea that taking flight training in Hillsboro, Oregon.
I don't know how Americans feel when they make a radio call but I'd say that
for most of foreigner student pilot(especially when they are pretty new), radio communication
is one of the most difficult part in their training.

I feel really lucky to find LiveATC and appreciate AJ who's working as a helicopter flight instructor
at HAI.

Offline Navyflyer

« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2009, 01:32:17 AM »
Do pilots in the military not get a button?  :lol:

I'm a Navy pilot in Corpus Christi, TX. I enjoy the site.

Offline Daphne3620

« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2009, 06:26:06 PM »
I picked "none." I am an aviation freak, frankly.  :-) Grew up between two flight paths into and out of KORD and KMDW. Had grandparents with a house under the glidepath of Runway 22 (about a mile from the threshold) at KMSP and live up here in Minneapolis now.

Planes fascinate me - love the way they look on the ground, taking off, land, in the air. Love hearing the ins and out of how they come in and take off .. been blessed with the ability to listen to them thanks to you! Still trying to catch on to the "lingo" so I can envision what is happening as I hear it.

And .. not that you asked .. but the worst day of my life was 9/11/01 when not only were these beautiful beasts of the air used to murder people but when many, many flights were landed in at KMSP and I - as much as I wanted to - I could not go out to the airport to see them. Not because I couldn't physically .. I could. I just couldn't emotionally.  It took me about 5 years to regain my love of all things aviation .. which was a really long time since I live about 2 miles - as the crow flies - from KMSP. 

I thank Dave for this site because being able to listen to the planes and ATC really grew my love tenfold from what it had been before that fateful day.

Thank you for asking the question! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

Offline highflyyer

• Youtube
« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2009, 05:36:33 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Pat. I'd say that anything having to do with aviation in general interests me and gets my attention. I'm currently only in high school (I know, I'm a baby :roll:) and I really want to go to UND for becoming a commercial pilot. But I just love listening to ATC because you never know what you might hear. I've heard some pretty cool stuff!

Offline qburke

« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2009, 11:40:23 AM »
I'm more of an all-round geek/nerd/anorak to be honest, and I found a fantastic new hobby. I mainly listen in on Kennedy Final Approach at peak hours, which seems to be from about 7pm GMT. I use the traffic map on

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/flight-status.html?view=AIRTRAFFICMAP&apt=JFK

which isn't as detailed as

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KJFK

but is a bit easier for my amateur eye to follow.

I'm getting to know some of the regular flights, and it's always nice to hear a speedbird or shamrock, as I'm from Scotland. And speaking of Scotland, the clips of Edinburgh EDI/EGPH are nice. Scanning is somewhat legally dubious here, so I don't fancy doing it myself, so thanks to ect76 who has done a great job.

"Speedbird one-seventy-five, turn right heading zero-three-zero, reduce speed to one-six-zero, descend to two thousand and maintain until intercept localizer on three one right"

"Speedbird one-seventy-five, contact tower on one-one-niner point one, good day"