Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 02:33:40 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 257619 times)
Robert Larson

« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »

Today I'm pleased to change my vote from "pilot hobbyist" to "student pilot". With luck, in a few months I'll change again to "licensed pilot".  grin

KRDU & KTTA http://d.liveatc.net/krdu2.m3u
Private Pilot
Carmelo

« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2010, 06:16:25 AM »

Hi been monitoring the airbands for over 30 years lately started to get back monitoring hf aero but have to get use to staying up late.

Regards Lino.
JonEU19

« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2010, 10:07:41 AM »

Been a aviation enthusiast since 1972 in the Marines when I saw my first Harrier jet at MCAS Beafort, SC. and wondered how a jet could do that.   shocked
VibraTek

« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »

I am a communications hobbyist from Istanbul, Turkey
Hernan1

« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2010, 03:43:21 PM »

I am a pilot. now retired from a major airline. I enjoy making flight sim videos and occasionally include ATC talk to make them more realistic.
coolsan

« Reply #260 on: April 05, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »

Hi everyone!

Today I changed my vote to Licensed Private Pilot and very soon to be Commercial Pilot. Also an avid virtual pilot and Air Traffic Controller in VATSIM.

Thanks Dave, this site is truly truly great.

"Aviation is proof, that given the will, we can achieve the impossible"
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:40 AM »

Congrats on your ticket!  And best of luck in all your flying endeavors.  Fly safe.
k1ur

« Reply #262 on: April 14, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »

Interesting poll, but a shame you can only check one box. It would be interesting to have another poll where you could check all the categories you fit into.

For myself:

Amateur Radio operator (K1UR)
Licensed pilot (N8439T)
Pilot hobbyist (flight sim)

And isn't everyone here a communications hobbyist?

--Nels Anderson
  www.flightsim.com

WECpoker

« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2010, 04:43:15 AM »

I am just a frequent flyer who has frequently visited the site over the years to listen to ATC, sometimes trying to follow a friends flight across the country, or just random ATC banter.  I have also been a lurker reading the forums often, but just decided to register.

Thank You for the great site...

First thing I love to do after getting off a plane, is find a place to play poker
empirestate

« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2010, 02:22:26 PM »

100% civilian myself...I always enjoyed listening in on ch. 9 when flying United (if they have it switched on, which seems to be getting rarer); it's comforting as a passenger to compare the ATC instructions with the movement of the plane and so forth. (I thought about putting "nervous flyer" but I'm not really any more nervous than most, I'm guessing...especially when I can follow along!)

I knew about this site prior to the Colgan crash at Buffalo, but the event re-kindled my interest as it was in my hometown area.

I've shown my iPhone app to a friend who is a retired pilot...he thought it was pretty neat!
jmrtlara

« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2010, 03:55:15 AM »

I'm an engineering student in Manila, Philippines and soon to be an Air Traffic Controller in RPHI. smiley
johnr64

« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2010, 03:46:45 PM »

i took flight school lots of years ago, and never had the wherewithall to finish with getting the actual license. I was too busy doing useless things. I'm still interested though, and the fast pace of the conversations keep the brain limber.
KHAOS
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »

I am the son of a retired military pilot that is currently flying for the airlines.  I've spent many a night using liveATC.net to listen to my dad crossing the Atlantic and landing at JFK or BWI.  Quite amazing.

I am also a ramp agent at Salt Lake Int'l for UPS, and have always had an interest in aviation, ever since I could have a coherent thought.

Right now I am a student pilot at 32 hours looking to finish my PPL by 45 hours, with goals of eventually flying for a career.

I've got clips from my dad's flights, as well as my own.   Like father, like son.  It's great.  Thanks for the service, liveatc.net. Smiley

Update: After 6 months, I finally got my license 2 days ago, with a total of 58 hours so far. 

Also, left my job on the ramp so I could further my education.
Bricktop

« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2010, 01:18:24 PM »

Live near JFK approaches for 4 and 13, fun to listen.
carterman

« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2010, 11:52:30 AM »

I grew up around airplanes. Our current baby is a Cessna 180 J.  I have held a VFR ticket for about 15 years.  I listen mostly at work to my local airport KOXC.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length