Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 02:26:19 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 251339 times)
smokey0458

« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »

student LSA pilot about a week away from my checkride, I've been listening to Live ATC to catch on to transmissions from the first day. My flight school is now telling all incoming students to listen in. It really helps pick up the transmission style and helps make it not that intimidating the first time you push the transmit button.   I've been able to listen so often I even recognised some of the local C approach controllers by voice. Great site!!!!
rapxxiitor

« Reply #301 on: June 17, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »

Dad was a B-24 pilot and post war instructor. Got my private in 1971, but haven't flown since the late '80's. In the '50's, we kids rode our tricycles on the 3 runways at Salinas, which was our playground. Our airshows consisted of flour bombing, upwind deadstick spot landing competition, and drunk acts. Have to say it. Those were the days.
    Great site. Glad I found it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:54:51 PM by rapxxiitor » Logged
masterkeymaster

« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »

I am a Ham Radio Operator, with a private Pilot license-instrument, I also work for a cargo company out of Philadelphia International airport.

Only a hope skip and a jump away from a commercial and I am out of there!
Required
- BFR
-Instrument Current
-Wrtien commercial
-Complex check out
-Commercial man.

Floowed by Multi engine
Requirment
Oral
3 hours of Flight for prep.
Mandy

« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »

Hi! I actually feel like an intruder here as I'm neither a pilot nor an ATC. I'm an English teacher specializing in aviation English radiotelephone communication and I must thank LiveATC for the opportunity to gain insight into the aviation world. I have always loved airplanes and flying and maybe one day I will have my own license wink

My father and other members of my family always showed a passion for everything related to aircraft, so I decided to focus my teaching in that direction.

All the best to those who make flying the safest way to travel...

Mandy

Delta741

Checkin' in

« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »

I'm really none of the options. I'm just someone who hopes one day to become a pilot, but listen to ATC while I save up money.

This is a fantastic site. I especially like Kennedy airport, because I'm a Brit living in Australia, and American accents are practically unheard of.

Besides, of course, one man in Sydney Approach who is quite obviously some sort of American, he has the accent and says "descend and maintain".
a lex

« Reply #305 on: July 19, 2011, 10:13:37 AM »

Area controller at Maastricht UAC, Eurocontrol.
Robert Larson

« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2011, 03:55:05 PM »

Just changed my vote from Student to Private Pilot as I just passed my checkride today!   This site was an invaluable resource. I actually got praise from the examiner who about my radio work. She said I did an excellent job and I think a lot of that is due to listening to ATC here for hours and hours. I can't wait to start hearing my own voice on recordings here as I start doing longer flights to airports beyond my own backyard.

KRDU & KTTA http://d.liveatc.net/krdu2.m3u
Private Pilot
Chadan

« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »

Congratulations Bob!! I'm hoping to get mine later this summer. But not too much later!

Feed provider for KBNW out of Boone, Iowa on 123.0. Also catching chatter from nearby airports: KAMW (122.7), KIKV (122.9) and the Aviation Guard channel (121.5)
t3hwookie90

« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »

Commercial MEL/SEL rated pilot at WMU.
Working on my CFI and AT/CTI ratings.
Navy hopeful, if not, commercial aviation is a close second.
janava

« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2011, 05:53:31 PM »

Anything to do with airliners and flying fascinates me. I was in my youth years an airline photo/postcard collector. I am an airline spotter, use to take pictures and hear air traffic communications. I wanted to be a pilot but in those days wearing glasses where not allowed.

Janava

sokromo

« Reply #310 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »

I'm someone that lives on a hope to be a pilot someday  undecided

ramelito

« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2011, 08:45:26 AM »

Hi, my name is Anton and i am providing UUWW feed for you.

My feeds: UUWW
sever

« Reply #312 on: September 09, 2011, 01:07:37 AM »

thanks a lot Anton
notaperfectpilot

Student pilot

« Reply #313 on: September 09, 2011, 07:18:11 AM »

I found this site while looking for some information on a local plane crash. I never dreamed about having a recording of the crash much less let alone a web site that had LIVEATC!!! This site, among several, has really fueled my interest to fly and in ATC. THANKS SO MUCH DAVE!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:19:55 AM by notaperfectpilot » Logged
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #314 on: September 09, 2011, 07:19:44 AM »

Glad to hear it - you can thank the many volunteers as well for providing feeds in many parts of the world.  Good luck with your flying!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length