Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 492188 times)

Offline smokey0458

Re: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »
student LSA pilot about a week away from my checkride, I've been listening to Live ATC to catch on to transmissions from the first day. My flight school is now telling all incoming students to listen in. It really helps pick up the transmission style and helps make it not that intimidating the first time you push the transmit button.   I've been able to listen so often I even recognised some of the local C approach controllers by voice. Great site!!!!

Offline rapxxiitor

« Reply #301 on: June 17, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »
Dad was a B-24 pilot and post war instructor. Got my private in 1971, but haven't flown since the late '80's. In the '50's, we kids rode our tricycles on the 3 runways at Salinas, which was our playground. Our airshows consisted of flour bombing, upwind deadstick spot landing competition, and drunk acts. Have to say it. Those were the days.
    Great site. Glad I found it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:54:51 PM by rapxxiitor »

Offline masterkeymaster

« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
I am a Ham Radio Operator, with a private Pilot license-instrument, I also work for a cargo company out of Philadelphia International airport.

Only a hope skip and a jump away from a commercial and I am out of there!
Required
- BFR
-Instrument Current
-Wrtien commercial
-Complex check out
-Commercial man.

Floowed by Multi engine
Requirment
Oral
3 hours of Flight for prep.

Offline Mandy

« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
Hi! I actually feel like an intruder here as I'm neither a pilot nor an ATC. I'm an English teacher specializing in aviation English radiotelephone communication and I must thank LiveATC for the opportunity to gain insight into the aviation world. I have always loved airplanes and flying and maybe one day I will have my own license :wink:

My father and other members of my family always showed a passion for everything related to aircraft, so I decided to focus my teaching in that direction.

All the best to those who make flying the safest way to travel...

Mandy

Offline Delta741

• Checkin' in
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »
I'm really none of the options. I'm just someone who hopes one day to become a pilot, but listen to ATC while I save up money.

This is a fantastic site. I especially like Kennedy airport, because I'm a Brit living in Australia, and American accents are practically unheard of.

Besides, of course, one man in Sydney Approach who is quite obviously some sort of American, he has the accent and says "descend and maintain".

Offline a lex

« Reply #305 on: July 19, 2011, 10:13:37 AM »
Area controller at Maastricht UAC, Eurocontrol.

Offline Robert Larson

« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2011, 03:55:05 PM »
Just changed my vote from Student to Private Pilot as I just passed my checkride today!   This site was an invaluable resource. I actually got praise from the examiner who about my radio work. She said I did an excellent job and I think a lot of that is due to listening to ATC here for hours and hours. I can't wait to start hearing my own voice on recordings here as I start doing longer flights to airports beyond my own backyard.

Offline Chadan

• Boone Airport
« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »
Congratulations Bob!! I'm hoping to get mine later this summer. But not too much later!

Offline t3hwookie90

« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »
Commercial MEL/SEL rated pilot at WMU.
Working on my CFI and AT/CTI ratings.
Navy hopeful, if not, commercial aviation is a close second.

Offline janava

« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2011, 05:53:31 PM »
Anything to do with airliners and flying fascinates me. I was in my youth years an airline photo/postcard collector. I am an airline spotter, use to take pictures and hear air traffic communications. I wanted to be a pilot but in those days wearing glasses where not allowed.

Janava

Offline sokromo

« Reply #310 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
I'm someone that lives on a hope to be a pilot someday  :|

Offline ramelito

« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2011, 08:45:26 AM »
Hi, my name is Anton and i am providing UUWW feed for you.

Offline sever

« Reply #312 on: September 09, 2011, 01:07:37 AM »
thanks a lot Anton

Offline notaperfectpilot

• PPL
« Reply #313 on: September 09, 2011, 07:18:11 AM »
I found this site while looking for some information on a local plane crash. I never dreamed about having a recording of the crash much less let alone a web site that had LIVEATC!!! This site, among several, has really fueled my interest to fly and in ATC. THANKS SO MUCH DAVE!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:19:55 AM by notaperfectpilot »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #314 on: September 09, 2011, 07:19:44 AM »
Glad to hear it - you can thank the many volunteers as well for providing feeds in many parts of the world.  Good luck with your flying!

Offline notaperfectpilot

• PPL
« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2011, 07:23:03 AM »
Glad to hear it - you can thank the many volunteers as well for providing feeds in many parts of the world.  Good luck with your flying!
Thanks Dave...I hope to begin flying lessons in about a year and a half. A BIG thank you to everyone else that has contributed to this site...It means so much to me...

Offline N4CYA

« Reply #316 on: October 14, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »
I'm Jamie -waves-. Currently a Amateur Radio operator that likes to travel either by airplane, helicopter, train or by boat. I've been listening to LiveATC for a year now I enjoy using it when I am traveling from one airport to another and listen on to pilots talking to the flight tower. My dad served in the US Marines for 22 1/2 almost 23 years so I got to see the states never went over seas I was too young to go. Thank you LiveATC staff for brining this great site to us!

- Jamie (N4CYA)

Offline metalmike

« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2011, 04:34:49 PM »
As of now I'm a student pilot, but I voted Pilot hobbyist (Flight Sim) cause I do that more frequently, obviously.

Offline gotigersgo

« Reply #318 on: November 21, 2011, 09:01:40 PM »
Real world controller at ZJX.  They did a briefing the other day at work, and this website was included.  The basic gist of the briefing is that people are listening.  Well, nobody outside of the FAA is listening to me because none of the sectors I work are currently on this site.  And the center is in the middle of NOWHERE.

Offline Jhamblett

« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »
  I am a CPC at Boston Center.   Always have loved listening to ATC conversation and decided to control over fly.  Best decision i ever made     Message for "Jason"  If you are the liaison for the HPN area, how come we are not able to get the Boston center frequencies for the New York area.  134.0, 134.3, 128.1, 125.57.  Most of those are broadcast out of BDR.  Would be a great tool for the trainees at Boston center, I am a newly checkout CPC and would have loved to hear myself going through training.

Offline kdrive23

« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
Hi y'all....I'm one of the few who checked "nervous flyer" on the poll.  :-D

Despite my fear of flying (I do still fly occasionally), I have always been interested in big, loud machines such as airplanes.  I live in Alexandria, VA and am around DCA frequently (riding bike, returning rental cars, etc.) and I have always enjoyed watching the traffic, especially from Gravelly Point.  My next goal is to get a look at the A380, but IAD is a really crappy place for plane spotting, so I'm hoping an airline will start service into BWI at some point.  The other option is to catch the Emirates service into Manchester, UK, next time I'm there visiting friends.

I love listening to ATC and watching trackers on flightstats, flightaware and Casper at the same time (although the delay is annoying).  My favorite ATC feeds are generally DCA, JFK and AMS (those Dutch controllers are so pleasant and calm!).

Thanks for having me on your site!

Offline Edinburgh Tower

« Reply #321 on: November 29, 2011, 10:49:08 AM »
Hey guys, I'm an ATCO at Edinburgh in Scotland (EGPH). Joined up to have a listen to my collegues around the globe :)

Offline pvaughan

« Reply #322 on: December 05, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »
I'm an architect in California who went to air shows with my family while growing up.  My father and brothers were avid fans of military aviation.  I guess it rubbed off on me.  Anyway, from time to time I like to stream a feed while simultaneously streaming classical music via Pandora or Rhapsody.  Makes for a nice 'white noise' while I work.  I also like to track relatives progress as the travel around.

Thanks for all your work.

Offline peterroscoe

« Reply #323 on: December 25, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »
Hi all I'm Peter, I work for a large worldwide air freight handler in Perth Western Australia

One of my long time loves in life is aviation so when i recently landed ;-) my current job many of my wishes came true

Offline geodementia

« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2012, 07:39:46 AM »
Hi there,

My name is Geoff and I fit into a few categories...  I'm an Amateur Radio operator / scanner enthusiast currently living in Alice Springs, Australia. I currently hold a Student Pilot's license (SPL - Passed GFPT) and am working my way towards my PPL.

I worked in the RAAF for several years as a Comms Tech, mainly on HF Air/Ground/Air systems, so have been around both aviation and 'monitoring' for some time.

Since there isn't much to listen to here in the Alice, I've dedicated one of my scanners to provide the YBAS feed.

Cheers,
Geoff