Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 06:04:28 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 210192 times)
notaperfectpilot

Student pilot

« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2011, 07:23:03 AM »

Glad to hear it - you can thank the many volunteers as well for providing feeds in many parts of the world.  Good luck with your flying!
Thanks Dave...I hope to begin flying lessons in about a year and a half. A BIG thank you to everyone else that has contributed to this site...It means so much to me...
N4CYA

« Reply #316 on: October 14, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »

I'm Jamie -waves-. Currently a Amateur Radio operator that likes to travel either by airplane, helicopter, train or by boat. I've been listening to LiveATC for a year now I enjoy using it when I am traveling from one airport to another and listen on to pilots talking to the flight tower. My dad served in the US Marines for 22 1/2 almost 23 years so I got to see the states never went over seas I was too young to go. Thank you LiveATC staff for brining this great site to us!

- Jamie (N4CYA)
metalmike

« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2011, 04:34:49 PM »

As of now I'm a student pilot, but I voted Pilot hobbyist (Flight Sim) cause I do that more frequently, obviously.
gotigersgo

« Reply #318 on: November 21, 2011, 09:01:40 PM »

Real world controller at ZJX.  They did a briefing the other day at work, and this website was included.  The basic gist of the briefing is that people are listening.  Well, nobody outside of the FAA is listening to me because none of the sectors I work are currently on this site.  And the center is in the middle of NOWHERE.

Jhamblett

« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »

I am a CPC at Boston Center.   Always have loved listening to ATC conversation and decided to control over fly.  Best decision i ever made     Message for "Jason"  If you are the liaison for the HPN area, how come we are not able to get the Boston center frequencies for the New York area.  134.0, 134.3, 128.1, 125.57.  Most of those are broadcast out of BDR.  Would be a great tool for the trainees at Boston center, I am a newly checkout CPC and would have loved to hear myself going through training.
kdrive23

« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »

Hi y'all....I'm one of the few who checked "nervous flyer" on the poll.  grin

Despite my fear of flying (I do still fly occasionally), I have always been interested in big, loud machines such as airplanes.  I live in Alexandria, VA and am around DCA frequently (riding bike, returning rental cars, etc.) and I have always enjoyed watching the traffic, especially from Gravelly Point.  My next goal is to get a look at the A380, but IAD is a really crappy place for plane spotting, so I'm hoping an airline will start service into BWI at some point.  The other option is to catch the Emirates service into Manchester, UK, next time I'm there visiting friends.

I love listening to ATC and watching trackers on flightstats, flightaware and Casper at the same time (although the delay is annoying).  My favorite ATC feeds are generally DCA, JFK and AMS (those Dutch controllers are so pleasant and calm!).

Thanks for having me on your site!
Edinburgh Tower

« Reply #321 on: November 29, 2011, 10:49:08 AM »

Hey guys, I'm an ATCO at Edinburgh in Scotland (EGPH). Joined up to have a listen to my collegues around the globe Smiley
pvaughan

« Reply #322 on: December 05, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »

I'm an architect in California who went to air shows with my family while growing up.  My father and brothers were avid fans of military aviation.  I guess it rubbed off on me.  Anyway, from time to time I like to stream a feed while simultaneously streaming classical music via Pandora or Rhapsody.  Makes for a nice 'white noise' while I work.  I also like to track relatives progress as the travel around.

Thanks for all your work.
peterroscoe

« Reply #323 on: December 25, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »

Hi all I'm Peter, I work for a large worldwide air freight handler in Perth Western Australia

One of my long time loves in life is aviation so when i recently landed wink my current job many of my wishes came true
geodementia

« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2012, 07:39:46 AM »

Hi there,

My name is Geoff and I fit into a few categories...  I'm an Amateur Radio operator / scanner enthusiast currently living in Alice Springs, Australia. I currently hold a Student Pilot's license (SPL - Passed GFPT) and am working my way towards my PPL.

I worked in the RAAF for several years as a Comms Tech, mainly on HF Air/Ground/Air systems, so have been around both aviation and 'monitoring' for some time.

Since there isn't much to listen to here in the Alice, I've dedicated one of my scanners to provide the YBAS feed.

Cheers,
Geoff 
DEN 777

« Reply #325 on: January 07, 2012, 04:03:13 PM »

I listen to Live ATC because I enjoy the sound from Kona International Airport.  As a triathlete, it is my goal to get back to Kona for the Ironman World Championships, and listening to the feed from Kona brings back great memories of The Big Island.
In the past my jobs have had me travel to all corners of the contiguous 48 states, and I enjoy hearing the ATC from the places I have been.  For me, the flying was always the fun part. 
I also like to listen to places I haven't been, such as Australia. 
All in all, this is a great site!
Cheers!
Chris
aalifk357

« Reply #326 on: January 08, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »

Does anyone know what happened to the KATL feeds and where can I find them live online for FREE?
TomCat4680

Monitoring KFNT and beyond

« Reply #327 on: January 10, 2012, 01:30:15 AM »

Hi I'm Tom. Here's some info about me.

I've been listening to scanners for almost 13 years. Mostly public safety, utilities and railroads and of course ATC. I became interested in ATC monitoring back in 1999 when I'd listen to KFNT from my parents' house which is 5 miles from it with their 40' AGL high gain amplified directional TV antenna. Now I got my own place 15 miles from it and I've recently been visiting it and other major airports in the state in the car while monitoring their ATC. I'm here to learn more about ATC monitoring and equipment that'll improve my reception; and meet some new friends too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:00:06 PM by TomCat4680 » Logged

Scanners: Radio Shack Pro 106, Radio Shack Pro 96, Maycom AR-108AE

Antennas: Diamond D-130J mounted 30' AGL (base), Waters & Stanton WSM-225 (mobile),
Diamond RH77CA (handheld)
Solent Radar

« Reply #328 on: January 20, 2012, 05:55:01 AM »

I put myself as a Ham Radio operator, although my licence has lapsed .

Got my first 'airband' radio in the early 1980's. It was an Amstrad thing that had an extended FM broadcast band to allow 'slope' detection of the AM aircraft signals.

A red tuning light would light up on strong aircraft signals - that would always cause great excitement as a kid, as I lived 40 miles from an airport at the time and away from usual flight paths. I remember receiving the Queens Flight 'Kitty' on that at one time as I lived near Sandringham.

Most notable RX transmissions;

Final transatlantic flight of Concorde coming over Bristol Filton . Managed to receive the BBC News interview with the Pilot.

Receiving the M.I.R. Russian space craft as it passed overhead - actually, this was quite common, but the 'doppler' shift was interesting to hear on RX.

Listening to the Red Arrows 9 display at Bournemouth UK last Summer, then hearing the first report of the downed Arrow (and sad loss of pilot), whilst watching 'Shipfinder' to see progress of both Coastguard rescue helicopter on route to the scene from Portland and Lee-on-Solent.

Local airport is Bournemouth International (Hurn) airport UK.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 06:00:54 AM by Solent Radar » Logged
Zau_Lew

« Reply #329 on: February 15, 2012, 04:49:39 PM »

My wife and I like to listen to the folks at C90 while we're barbequing in the backyard. 

ZAU here.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length