Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 02:07:22 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 210356 times)
w7psk

« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »

Good Day
I'm an avid user of Live ATC for couple years now and figured Id join in and see about giving back by providing the local airport. I use
live ATC at Boeing Field in Seattle (KBFI) when I'm down there testing and I like to set at the runway end and listen to the
tower on Live ATC.

My work is currently as a Boeing Avionics Systems Engineer at Paine Field (KPAE) and Ham Radio operator for 35 years. 

I am trying to garner enough info to provide Paine Field to Live ATC as its the home of the Boeing Large
Aircraft Division( 747, 767, 777 and 787)

DaisyUK

« Reply #331 on: February 19, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »

Hello!

Well I couldn't tick any of the choices listed and  I'm not in anyway associated with the work of aviation (manager for a financial services company)

But I do love flying (both for work and for pleasure)  I *was* a nervous passenger but after completing a course I'm not bothered by turbulence etc anymore so I can now fly all over the world which is great.  I'm really interested in most aspects of civil aviation and I stumbled upon this site from Flyer Talk. 

I especially like listening to the traffic at Eham - the controllers are so calm and pleasant - the KLM pilots too.  Infact I just got back from AMS today and decided to log on and listen only to find the link broken  sad

Hope its back soon! 

MANY thanks to everyone who gives their time so generously to provide the services on this web site - its much appreciated!

Daisy
C1202

« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2012, 03:52:45 AM »

HI I am a ham radio operator (for 7 years) who got interested in ATC listening in the last year. I started listening to ATC frequencies  on a remote radio receiver website and then came over here to LiveATC. I like listening to LSZH and LSGG .
squawkzip42

« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »

Hey all!
Long time listener of the airwaves, favorites include JFK, PIT, and DCA. I am a student pilot and I am starting ATC school this May.

Love the site!

Steve
Delta741

Checkin' in

« Reply #334 on: April 15, 2012, 06:39:18 AM »

I especially like listening to the traffic at Eham - the controllers are so calm and pleasant - the KLM pilots too. 

I love KLM pilots. There's often a few at JFK.
I still find the time to drop in on one of the approach frequencies at JFK, quite entertaining.

Considering training to become an air traffic controller. Have given up on my goal of saving enough money to get a pilot license for the time being, so my previous post on this thread can be discounted.  smiley
RonR

« Reply #335 on: May 04, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »

Hi everyone,

I've been feeding the ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) NY Feed for several months now and am very happy to be providing it.

I've been a private pilot for over 20 years and have been listening to aviation communications on scanners and HF radios for decades.  I grew up in NYC and would, on occasion, travel to JFK by local buses just to watch the planes take off and land from the parking lot atop the PanAm terminal (now Delta).  It provided a great view of the airport.  Sadly, you can't go up there anymore.  I even once rode my bicycle to JFK and sat under one of the runway 13R approach light towers about 200 yds from the runway threshold.  Now that was an experience...

Now I live out on Long Island just out of range of JFK so I can only hear the pilot's side of communications on my scanner.  Thanks to this site I can hear it all!

Regards, Ron

Feed Provider:
ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) #1
ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) #2
ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) #3
ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) #4
ZBW Boston Center (CLIPR32/HTO31)
ZBW Boston Center (DXR19/SOUTHIE49)
swampdog

« Reply #336 on: May 15, 2012, 06:23:18 PM »

Private Pilot since 1976
denverpilot

« Reply #337 on: June 23, 2012, 02:53:47 AM »

KAPA Tower feed guy.

Fly a 182.

Have (or had?) an aviation podcast. Trying to decide.

Hi. Nice to meet ya. Wink
LadyFlyer

Private Pilot - own a Cherokee 160

« Reply #338 on: August 01, 2012, 05:21:07 PM »

Private Pilot.  Recently purchased my first airplane and am returning to aviation after 10 years on the ground.  Need to dust off the cobwebs a little.

WilliamJSS

« Reply #339 on: September 17, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »

PPL, Vatsim, Family man.

Father of two and one more on the way. As life has happened and kids are growing at the speed of light, I find that the money that used to go to my local 72 is now going to the family.

After searching YouTube one day for ATC chatter I ran across VatSim videos and the rest was history. Vatsim in turn led me here.

muzyck

« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »

I live on the path for the flights coming into JFK from Europe. Many moons ago I used to listen to the communications coming out of Ronkonkoma on my multi band while watching the traffic stacked up over eastern Long Island. Times have changed. The days of watching all of those 747s at the same time are long gone. My career path took me into the industry briefly, but I am now in the Financial services industry. I still live in the same area and can look out the window from my home office and see the flights come in while listening here and using FlightAware as a rference. Last few days have been interesting. Seems as if the ROBER frequency 125.7 has been compromised by interference in the form of music and a bunch of flights that would normally come in west of JFK have been sent east for a 180 in front of my office. I have never seen this before today. Cool stuff.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:45:35 PM by muzyck » Logged
bikergeek

« Reply #341 on: October 10, 2012, 02:09:23 PM »

I have been using MS Flight Sim for probably 20 years. Never took any real flying lessons but find flight very exciting. Have been up in small aircraft several times and really enjoy it. No fear for me!

Been listening to airport frequencies for several decades. I'm on my third or fourth scanner, starting with a Bearcat 110; probably one of the first programmable scanners. It was great.

Now using a Radio Shack Pro-160 digital handheld and I just signed up and in test mode as a "backup" feed for KFRG Republic in Farmingdale, NY USA.

BTW, I have no idea what a VATSIM is. Help!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:12:16 PM by bikergeek » Logged
Safe T.

« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »

Hello, everyone! I'm an ATCO in Lviv ACC,  :mrgreen:Ukraine. I do enjoy aviation spotting much. Also I passionately dedicate some time to MFS using b737 classic, trying to make it by the book(in my eyes, it does make a good sense even for my profession). Thank you, The "LiveATC.net" Founders and Managers!You have a splendid idea came true years ago with this kind of source! No doubt you have lots of thanx from the likes of me, but could anyone promote the idea of the iPhone LiveATC App being free evil?
FLLflyboy

« Reply #343 on: January 08, 2013, 12:51:18 AM »

Hello

I am a real-world ATC at an airport in the Caribbean. I have been an avid Flight Simmer for years, started getting involved with FSX communities, and eventually found my way onto LiveATC. I graduated CTI a few years after I received my Bachelors, got picked up as a controller over the summer and would love to eventually earn my PPL. Until then, I am excited to see where my new career will take me.
CaptainChris

TWO DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR

« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »

Airplane enthusiast - many models as a kid in the 60s.  Now a large boat driver.
My son drives a C-17 & teaches T-1s for USAF - he turned me onto this iApp - lovin it !
GREAT STUPH!

BTW: Any idea where the feed for Del Rio INTL went ?

Thanks for bein here !

C/Chris
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length