Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 09:12:21 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 220945 times)
KeithB

« Reply #345 on: January 23, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »

Hi Folks

I am a Brit living in Dubai, where I gained a PPL in 1998. Haven't flown for a long time but hopefully will revalidate everything sometime this year. Normally fly a PA-28-161 out of OMDB.

All the best

Keith
GauzeGuy

« Reply #346 on: February 02, 2013, 01:35:27 AM »

'twas nice to reset my vote from student pilot to private pilot. However, just started on the instrument rating so it feels like I'm back to student pilot

AKA: clearedtoXZYairportviaWhaever4departuredirectXZYVORthenasfiledClimbAndMaintain8000expect10000,10minutesAfterDepartureDpeartureFrequency123.45squawk1234 -- or so it sounds like!
N90-EWR-TX

« Reply #347 on: April 16, 2013, 03:41:50 AM »

22+ years as a controller at the New York Tracon. I've been lurking for a while, though only registered recently.
MugRootbeerdude#7

« Reply #348 on: April 19, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »

We'd like to get an idea of what careers or hobbies our listeners have.  What attracted you to this site and what might have caused you to be interested in listening to air traffic control communications?

We realize some of you may fall into multiple categories - just select the one you feel describes you best.

Thanks, and welcome to LiveATC.net!  I hope you enjoy the site.

Dave

me well i love to fly and i know live atc can put me on my toes to learn Weather reports and so on and so fourth!
bugalou

« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »

I play a little Flight Simulator X, and just enjoy aviation in general.  I would like to try and get my pilot's license at some point when my life calms down some.  I host the LiveATC feeds for Memphis (KMEM) and Atlantic City (KACY).  Otherwise professionally, am an IT architect for a fortune 500 company with about 12 years experience in the IT field.
yastheprince

« Reply #350 on: June 29, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »

Hello Every one My name is Yas and i come From Uk. I have Got nothing To do with the aviation, I was listening ATC Conversation on Youtube And From there i got here, As well as i am introducing myself i kinda got a question To ask as well Live Atc is on Android Market As well How many countries Control Tower Conversations We can Listen To. I wanna listen to middle east side india pakistan side are they available too as well thank you.
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #351 on: June 29, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »

Hello Every one My name is Yas and i come From Uk. I have Got nothing To do with the aviation, I was listening ATC Conversation on Youtube And From there i got here, As well as i am introducing myself i kinda got a question To ask as well Live Atc is on Android Market As well How many countries Control Tower Conversations We can Listen To. I wanna listen to middle east side india pakistan side are they available too as well thank you.

Hi Yas-

There are over 800 streams to listen to.  We have a little intermittent coverage in Pakistan but no coverage in India due to regulations there prohibiting listening to ATC.  We also have no coverage in UK, Italy, and Germany.

Dave

ATCzero

« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »

I'm a controller at Los Angeles Center. Been listening for awhile, I also send my family here to listen to me on the radio, to get a small clue of what I'm doing! [ie: NOT in a tower, etc]

en route air traffic controller at ZLA
WomanOfHeart

« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »

I'm a communications hobbyist. I'm also the daughter of a retired Air Traffic Controller who was a private pilot and flight instructor. We used sit outside the airport watching the planes take off and land, and listen to the chatter between the tower and the pilots for fun! I knew more about planes and ATC than any 7 year-old-girl should have known back then. LOL!
dbaoracel

« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »

How about adding one for a private pilot with instrument rating?

I'm a 47 year old private pilot with my instrument rating. Probably will work on my commercial ticket in the next year (I'm always working on SOMETHING - this seems like a good next project!). Live in near KLAS, land of impossible density altitude in the high afternoons of July and August. I write books, work on databases and other like things. Been flying all my life, grew up flying with my father and just carried on.  grin
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:21:41 PM by dbaoracel » Logged
spades

« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2013, 03:16:11 PM »

Controller at Memphis Center
B6BusDriver

« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2013, 10:49:36 PM »

I've been listening to ATC here for many years. As a student pilot I used the site to learn how to effectively communicate with ATC. I'm now an Airbus A320 pilot for a major US airline. It's still fun for me to listen to the live feed during major weather events.
Jet-A Jedi

« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2013, 04:34:16 PM »

I pump Jet-A for a living, hence the name. Worked the ramp at KIND for almost nine years now, currently with Skytanking USA. I've been around aviation all my life.

My Dad retired from Indy Center back in 2003 after 34 years. Making his way up to Manager of Training when he retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jet-A Jedi

« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »

My view at work today....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RocketScienceBooks

« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2013, 10:23:46 AM »

Moving to Mojave, CA within the next month.

A friend suggested that I look into listening to some radio traffic, which I know very little about.

I used to work for 911 (as in "911, what is your emergency?) currently with an ambulance company, and sell books about rocket science as a hobby.

I told you it wasn't very exciting! :p

Marlena
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length