Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 492178 times)

Offline yastheprince

Re: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« Reply #350 on: June 29, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
Hello Every one My name is Yas and i come From Uk. I have Got nothing To do with the aviation, I was listening ATC Conversation on Youtube And From there i got here, As well as i am introducing myself i kinda got a question To ask as well Live Atc is on Android Market As well How many countries Control Tower Conversations We can Listen To. I wanna listen to middle east side india pakistan side are they available too as well thank you.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #351 on: June 29, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »
Hello Every one My name is Yas and i come From Uk. I have Got nothing To do with the aviation, I was listening ATC Conversation on Youtube And From there i got here, As well as i am introducing myself i kinda got a question To ask as well Live Atc is on Android Market As well How many countries Control Tower Conversations We can Listen To. I wanna listen to middle east side india pakistan side are they available too as well thank you.

Hi Yas-

There are over 800 streams to listen to.  We have a little intermittent coverage in Pakistan but no coverage in India due to regulations there prohibiting listening to ATC.  We also have no coverage in UK, Italy, and Germany.

Dave

Offline ATCzero

« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »
I'm a controller at Los Angeles Center. Been listening for awhile, I also send my family here to listen to me on the radio, to get a small clue of what I'm doing! [ie: NOT in a tower, etc]

Offline WomanOfHeart

« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
I'm a communications hobbyist. I'm also the daughter of a retired Air Traffic Controller who was a private pilot and flight instructor. We used sit outside the airport watching the planes take off and land, and listen to the chatter between the tower and the pilots for fun! I knew more about planes and ATC than any 7 year-old-girl should have known back then. LOL!

Offline dbaoracel

« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »
How about adding one for a private pilot with instrument rating?

I'm a 47 year old private pilot with my instrument rating. Probably will work on my commercial ticket in the next year (I'm always working on SOMETHING - this seems like a good next project!). Live in near KLAS, land of impossible density altitude in the high afternoons of July and August. I write books, work on databases and other like things. Been flying all my life, grew up flying with my father and just carried on.  :-D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:21:41 PM by dbaoracel »

Offline spades

« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2013, 03:16:11 PM »
Controller at Memphis Center

Offline B6BusDriver

« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2013, 10:49:36 PM »
I've been listening to ATC here for many years. As a student pilot I used the site to learn how to effectively communicate with ATC. I'm now an Airbus A320 pilot for a major US airline. It's still fun for me to listen to the live feed during major weather events.

Offline Jet-A Jedi

« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2013, 04:34:16 PM »
I pump Jet-A for a living, hence the name. Worked the ramp at KIND for almost nine years now, currently with Skytanking USA. I've been around aviation all my life.

My Dad retired from Indy Center back in 2003 after 34 years. Making his way up to Manager of Training when he retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jet-A Jedi

« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »
My view at work today....

Offline RocketScienceBooks

Moving to Mojave, CA within the next month.

A friend suggested that I look into listening to some radio traffic, which I know very little about.

I used to work for 911 (as in "911, what is your emergency?) currently with an ambulance company, and sell books about rocket science as a hobby.

I told you it wasn't very exciting! :p

Marlena

Offline Vitor De Simone

« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2013, 09:38:41 PM »
My name is Vitor im from Brazil im 24 and im already a comercial pilot mlte ifr i have done the jet treinner in a boing 737-800 and now im learning English to do the ICAO test.I hope to be in a international Arline company soon.

Offline eco27

« Reply #361 on: August 11, 2013, 05:16:25 AM »
I'm new here I'm radioamateur since 45 yrs ago I like to listen all kind of communications I think  this is a great site., I can colaborate to feed Air Traffic of my area.
Congratulations people is working in this great project .

Offline Matt M

« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2013, 07:04:13 PM »
I work as a Conductor for BNSF Railway

Offline falstro

• excu.se
« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »
Been lurking for quite a while now, but I just recently got my ticket (PPL), hoping to get an instrument rating as well eventually. I've considered working towards going pro, but I figured I'm too old (31) by now.
I grew up in Sweden, but I'm currently living in Germany (license is german, too). And I'm a computer programmer by day.

Offline solip

« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2013, 05:00:46 AM »
ha , I am a new and a real world ATC  :evil:

Offline Plane Whisperer

« Reply #365 on: November 18, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »
Not trying to split hairs on you Dave, but seeing "Air Traffic Controller (hobbyist, VATSIM, IVAO, etc.)" makes my skin crawl. It's like a guy who plays a lot of Call of Duty calling himself a soldier.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #366 on: November 18, 2013, 10:10:37 AM »
Not trying to split hairs on you Dave, but seeing "Air Traffic Controller (hobbyist, VATSIM, IVAO, etc.)" makes my skin crawl. It's like a guy who plays a lot of Call of Duty calling himself a soldier.

I would agree that it's splitting hairs.  :)

Especially since the next line clearly says: Air Traffic Controller (real world)

There are "pretend" controllers who put a lot of time in to learn the 7110.65 and a lot more (in-depth real-world procedures).  And I've stood right next to real-world controllers who would hire some of these pretend controllers in a heartbeat.

Offline Jahace

« Reply #367 on: November 28, 2013, 07:52:09 AM »
I'm an air traffic controller in the Portuguese Air Force, and in future, i hope to join the civilian control in europe:D

Offline rwerner1701

« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2014, 08:44:34 PM »
Hi from a newbie in upstate NY near KALB. I've always enjoyed listening to ATC as I can see many jets flying overheard on a clear day. These folks talk faster then I can think most days. Especially some of the busier airports. I really used this site when I was flying into and out of KLAX. It was fun being able to listen in on my flight when we got close to the airport before the 10K "turn off all electronics" alert. When I'm in an airport during an extended layover or when I'm waiting to leave I'll tune in the local ATC so I can hear what's going on.
BTW> I am a ham call sign KC4URW

Bob Werner

Offline Tamiola

« Reply #369 on: January 09, 2014, 06:41:31 AM »
 Hello, I just could not sleep and went in the back yard and looked up in the sky and saw a plane just cruising around and thought to myself... hmm, that would be so nice to be able to just go flying in the clear sky (if it was possible).  Especially when I could not sleep.  Unfortunately I do not have an air vehicle so that is not an option. 

Offline mperry

« Reply #370 on: January 18, 2014, 09:23:59 PM »
I have the same dream when I gaze into the sky.

Offline roeljamil

• Air Traffic Controller at TNCA
    • Aruba Flight Simulator Club
« Reply #371 on: March 11, 2014, 03:38:46 PM »
Helo guys!

My name is Roël. Born on the sweet caribbean island of Aruba! 26 years of age and I am finishing my Bachelors in Structural engineering. I have obtained my Private Pilot License Theoritical exam a few years back. I was also a member of the Red Cross Aruba where I first started  working with radio telecommunication and I got to learn a whole different world. When I was a child I had a bigger cousin who worked as an F16 Technician, Dutch Air Force. I got fascinated by the idea of flying. So there is where it all began. Every Saturday or Sunday I go Plane spotting, with my scanner of course. And now after years of using LiveATC.net I want to give back to others what I had in my time.

Offline LHR2/3

« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »

Hi All: Just came across this site as I was checking on my Mum's flight arrival into Toronto from LAX today. I am (more so was) a 'spotter' living a few miles from London Heathrow until age 16 when we moved to Canada. Until then, I lived and breathed airliners and airlines. In addition to being a spotter and making weekly trips to LHR for that purpose, I was able to travel extensively by plane and collect everything airline related ... mostly postcards and playing cards (not many airlines do those anymore).  I used to live right next to the approach for LHR's runway 23, just beyond the outer marker. It was the old cross-wind runway and is now abandoned, but watching the planes come in and hear the pilots sometimes struggle with the approach got me hooked to ATC transmissions .. great to know this site exists. Cheers!

Offline life877

Re:
« Reply #373 on: March 13, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »
When I was a kid, to stop me from doing stupid things,  my dad would offer me 10 cents every time I could spot a plane. it became a healthy obsession until now except my dad stopped paying me after couple of yrs hehe

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Offline kaycekwon

« Reply #374 on: March 13, 2014, 08:28:16 PM »
I'm currently attending Korea Aerospace University to be a Korean air traffic controller. Im hoping to learn and take a lot of knowledge and skills that I lack from Live ATC and its users.
Excited to be here. :-D