Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 06:02:40 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Listener Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which one of the following is you? Tell us about yourself!  (Read 251415 times)
Vitor De Simone

« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2013, 09:38:41 PM »

My name is Vitor im from Brazil im 24 and im already a comercial pilot mlte ifr i have done the jet treinner in a boing 737-800 and now im learning English to do the ICAO test.I hope to be in a international Arline company soon.
eco27

« Reply #361 on: August 11, 2013, 05:16:25 AM »

I'm new here I'm radioamateur since 45 yrs ago I like to listen all kind of communications I think  this is a great site., I can colaborate to feed Air Traffic of my area.
Congratulations people is working in this great project .
Matt M

« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2013, 07:04:13 PM »

I work as a Conductor for BNSF Railway

BNSF Railway Conductor

KTVC Tower/Ground/USCG feed provider
falstro

« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »

Been lurking for quite a while now, but I just recently got my ticket (PPL), hoping to get an instrument rating as well eventually. I've considered working towards going pro, but I figured I'm too old (31) by now.
I grew up in Sweden, but I'm currently living in Germany (license is german, too). And I'm a computer programmer by day.
solip

« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2013, 05:00:46 AM »

ha , I am a new and a real world ATC  evil
Plane Whisperer

« Reply #365 on: November 18, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »

Not trying to split hairs on you Dave, but seeing "Air Traffic Controller (hobbyist, VATSIM, IVAO, etc.)" makes my skin crawl. It's like a guy who plays a lot of Call of Duty calling himself a soldier.
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #366 on: November 18, 2013, 10:10:37 AM »

Not trying to split hairs on you Dave, but seeing "Air Traffic Controller (hobbyist, VATSIM, IVAO, etc.)" makes my skin crawl. It's like a guy who plays a lot of Call of Duty calling himself a soldier.

I would agree that it's splitting hairs.  Smiley

Especially since the next line clearly says: Air Traffic Controller (real world)

There are "pretend" controllers who put a lot of time in to learn the 7110.65 and a lot more (in-depth real-world procedures).  And I've stood right next to real-world controllers who would hire some of these pretend controllers in a heartbeat.

Jahace

« Reply #367 on: November 28, 2013, 07:52:09 AM »

I'm an air traffic controller in the Portuguese Air Force, and in future, i hope to join the civilian control in europe:D
rwerner1701

« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2014, 08:44:34 PM »

Hi from a newbie in upstate NY near KALB. I've always enjoyed listening to ATC as I can see many jets flying overheard on a clear day. These folks talk faster then I can think most days. Especially some of the busier airports. I really used this site when I was flying into and out of KLAX. It was fun being able to listen in on my flight when we got close to the airport before the 10K "turn off all electronics" alert. When I'm in an airport during an extended layover or when I'm waiting to leave I'll tune in the local ATC so I can hear what's going on.
BTW> I am a ham call sign KC4URW

Bob Werner
Tamiola

« Reply #369 on: January 09, 2014, 06:41:31 AM »

Hello, I just could not sleep and went in the back yard and looked up in the sky and saw a plane just cruising around and thought to myself... hmm, that would be so nice to be able to just go flying in the clear sky (if it was possible).  Especially when I could not sleep.  Unfortunately I do not have an air vehicle so that is not an option. 
mperry

« Reply #370 on: January 18, 2014, 09:23:59 PM »

I have the same dream when I gaze into the sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roeljamil

Work on your Dreams! The journey is worth it all!

« Reply #371 on: March 11, 2014, 03:38:46 PM »

Helo guys!

My name is Roël. Born on the sweet caribbean island of Aruba! 26 years of age and I am finishing my Bachelors in Structural engineering. I have obtained my Private Pilot License Theoritical exam a few years back. I was also a member of the Red Cross Aruba where I first started  working with radio telecommunication and I got to learn a whole different world. When I was a child I had a bigger cousin who worked as an F16 Technician, Dutch Air Force. I got fascinated by the idea of flying. So there is where it all began. Every Saturday or Sunday I go Plane spotting, with my scanner of course. And now after years of using LiveATC.net I want to give back to others what I had in my time.

LHR2/3

« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »

Hi All: Just came across this site as I was checking on my Mum's flight arrival into Toronto from LAX today. I am (more so was) a 'spotter' living a few miles from London Heathrow until age 16 when we moved to Canada. Until then, I lived and breathed airliners and airlines. In addition to being a spotter and making weekly trips to LHR for that purpose, I was able to travel extensively by plane and collect everything airline related ... mostly postcards and playing cards (not many airlines do those anymore).  I used to live right next to the approach for LHR's runway 23, just beyond the outer marker. It was the old cross-wind runway and is now abandoned, but watching the planes come in and hear the pilots sometimes struggle with the approach got me hooked to ATC transmissions .. great to know this site exists. Cheers!
life877

Re:
« Reply #373 on: March 13, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »

When I was a kid, to stop me from doing stupid things,  my dad would offer me 10 cents every time I could spot a plane. it became a healthy obsession until now except my dad stopped paying me after couple of yrs hehe

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
kaycekwon

« Reply #374 on: March 13, 2014, 08:28:16 PM »

I'm currently attending Korea Aerospace University to be a Korean air traffic controller. Im hoping to learn and take a lot of knowledge and skills that I lack from Live ATC and its users.
Excited to be here. grin
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length