Author Topic: Two helicopters flying low over SFV  (Read 5340 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

Two helicopters flying low over SFV
« on: October 10, 2011, 06:23:11 PM »
Good afternoon everyone,
   My mom just came home and asked me "Hey have you checked your email? Or Live ATC?"  My response "No".  She then says to me that she saw two helicopters flying low, headed towards the Burbank area--either along Burbank Blvd. or Magnolia Blvd.  It looked to her as if the helicopters had something hanging on the ends of them.  They were flying very low and if my was not driving she would have taken a picture.  Does anyone know what might have been going on today? Or what these helicopters might be? Thanks again.  Yes this does an interesting reason to post.  But I am glad I was given a reason.
Take care.

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
Re: Two helicopters flying low over SFV
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 11:12:37 PM »
Film or Video Production?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 06:28:19 AM »
Helicopters are increasingly being used to move pieces of large material for construction - especially if they need to be "dropped" in places where cranes may not be able to reach.  Probably not the case for this instance, but another possibility.

Offline KBED1185

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 10:02:56 AM »
My guess in the Burbank area would be film, especially if the helicopters were fitted with high-res cameras. Could also have been police/military training or as Dave said, construction. Take a look at the Burbank city web pages for current film permits, which probably have to be registered with local government - assuming that's where you're located.

Brad