airtraffic

Author Topic: WinAmp still not working...  (Read 10815 times)

Offline KMSY

WinAmp still not working...
« on: June 05, 2006, 05:20:05 PM »
It's been a while since I've tuned in... I probably stopped listening because of this here problem, don't really remember tough, and that's not the point.

Ever since I downloaded and installed a winamp update a few months ago, .m3u feeds do not run. It flashes between the file name and location to [connecting].... etc. etc. etc. over and over before winamp implodes and ends itself. I've been having to run the feeds from Media Player, which takes longer to open and isn't as great looking. I'd just prefer to listen with good ole' winamp. Anyone else having this problem or any suggestions to fix?

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
Re: WinAmp still not working...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 11:34:17 PM »
Try doing this:

Lets say you are trying to get to JFK tower, http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/kjfk_twr_2.m3u use this link instead.

http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/kjfk_twr_2

Without the m3u. Does it work?

Offline KMSY

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 04:04:50 PM »
Nope. O Well, I guess Media Player isn't that bad...

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 05:09:50 PM »

yes it is  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think dave has a special link system, other then that... hes been busy but im sure he will let us know soon :)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 11:23:41 PM »

yes it is  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think dave has a special link system, other then that... hes been busy but im sure he will let us know soon :)

There is no special link system.  I have gone through the series of Winamp upgrades, as have others, and everything works fine.  Are you sure you don't have any special Winamp plugins or other conflicting software?

What if you uninstall Winamp and install it from scratch?

Dave

Offline zEro.a1r

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 10:13:51 PM »
Internet settings ?  :?

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 12:33:28 AM »
Winamp has also been acting up on me. It gives me an error when I want to play something and shuts down. So I've been using WMP or itunes.

Offline KMSY

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »
I uninstalled winamp and reinstalled the latest version. Still won't work. Even when I temporarily put my computer in a DMZ, outside of the router firewall, it still won't work. I've looked through winamp settings over and over and over again, but nothing changes anything.

Bryce

Offline blizzard242

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 09:44:31 PM »
Do you run windows XP?. It could be a computer errer of posilby a user errer, I would try uninstaling winamp, create a new user and install it on that user and see if it makes a difference.

Offline KMSY

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 10:30:45 PM »
Do you run windows XP?. It could be a computer errer of posilby a user errer, I would try uninstaling winamp, create a new user and install it on that user and see if it makes a difference.

Well, I do run XP. I might try that if I get desperate.

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 11:42:27 AM »
OK I think I have a solution.

A few days after reading your original post, I started having the exact same problem...a week or two after I downloading version 5.23.  I couldn't open any of the feeds or any type of file.  It would say connecting and just stop when trying to open feeds. 

I'd try to delete Winamp to reinstall the same version, but it kept giving me the message that an instance of Winamp is still open...must close first etc etc and gave the abort/retry/ignore options.  So I'd ignore, let it uninstall what it could, and try to delete the rest in Windows Explorer.  It'd give me the same message, saying Winamp was open and must be closed first.  Same thing when I'd try to reinstall.  Then I decided to reboot, and when I did, about 10 or so times it did the "closing Winamp" thing before rebooting.  So apparently even when I closed the program it never actually closed each time, though it never showed on the system tray. 

After rebooting, all instances were obviously closed so I was able to uninstall completely and delete all remaining files.

I then did a google search for "download old versions winamp" and got http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winamp.  I downloaded a random one a few versions back, 5.1, because honestly I can never tell the changes in each one because they don't affect me.  It's working just fine. 

Maybe there's something corrupt with 5.23 but it only affected some people because of something in particular with their systems.  I really don't know enough about this stuff to say.

Either way, it worked and I can listen to feeds again.  It was hard not listening, especially right after all the NorCal and N90 feeds came up!  Hope this works for ya.

Offline KMSY

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 09:11:53 PM »
That is a great idea. I went all the way back to 3.0 (old skin only available, i had it working with the new skin) and it still didn't work. That is a good site though-

If it's working don't fix it.

Offline KMSY

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 05:16:59 PM »
Wow. Well, I fixed it. McAfee Personal Firewall Plus had Winamp completely blocked from using the internet. I can't believe I didn't check that before. I did not block it myself, and it doesn't really matter how it got blocked. Thanks for the help anyway.