airtraffic

Author Topic: Wow! New Feeds  (Read 9247 times)

Offline bcrosby

• Fly With Blake
Wow! New Feeds
« on: December 29, 2005, 09:21:57 PM »
This is awesome! 4 new feeds in the past week! Yippee!

I'm so happy to see Goose Bay as well.

Lets hope this trend of adding new feeds continues! :)

Offline MIAMIATC

Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:38:45 PM »
How about some Potomac Feeds in the fray. Got to be peeps in the BWI/WASH AREA that frequent this forum and have some equip. Am I asking much(quiet from the peanut gallery)  LOL

Offline PHL Approach

Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:19:58 PM »
I know two guys in Glen Burnie, right next to BWI. I'll talk to them about something for BWI. I'm still awaiting ORD, ATL and a true LAX feed...

Offline PIT

Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:28:34 PM »
"I'm still awaiting ORD, ATL and a true LAX feed..."
yeah im so suprised that their is not any of those. i am espically waiting for a Orlando MCO feed.

It seems like their is so many feeds on here, and their is but, their is still so many missing.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:31:21 PM »
Quote from: PIT
...but, their is still so many missing.

Let's rephrase that....many more to come [not missing]  :wink: :lol:

We're getting feeds by the day at times.  I'm looking forward to the new feeds in 06.'

Jason

Offline PIT

Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 11:36:36 PM »
im working on a daytona feed. im thinking of giving one of my scanners to my brother. he lives their obviously, and attends Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. the reception will be clear as ever. when you look out his dorm window you see the daytona airport than the raceway so. its a great view.

the airport is right next to the raceway so when the planes come and your looking from the main tower at the raceway it looks like the plane is goin to land on the raceway its that close.  :D

Offline KPryor

Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 11:38:11 PM »
Great seeing all the new stuff available.  I'm listening to the new KPSP feed right now.  Very good, clear signal.
If I can come up with a new scanner and make an antenna, one of these days I hope to add Terre Haute (IN) Hulman approach and tower .  All depends on if and when I get the funds.
KP

Offline PIT

Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 11:42:04 PM »
HPNPilot1200, you live in westchester NY right?? you should pick up where i leave off. i cant pick anything up on or beyond the application mountains. you could host a ny center/cle cntr feed and it would prob mostly be handoffs between the two centers. just a suggestion but, i know it gets expensive the equimpment can get

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 12:02:20 AM »
Quote from: PIT
HPNPilot1200, you live in westchester NY right?? you should pick up where i leave off. i cant pick anything up on or beyond the application mountains. you could host a ny center/cle cntr feed and it would prob mostly be handoffs between the two centers. just a suggestion but, i know it gets expensive the equimpment can get

I'm actually 10 miles to the east of HPN.  Also, I'd need a 50-100 ft. mast [in addition to friendly neighbors] and a new transmitter location closer to my home to pick up ZOB/ZNY.  I'm lucky I get the ZBW transmitters in Shelton, 10-20 miles north of me.  :wink:

I know what you were thinking though.  Oh well....

Jason  8)

Offline MIAMIATC

Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 08:00:06 PM »
I am actually directly Between EWR AND LGA and maybe 30 miles from HPN and I can say outbound NY ARTCC to CLE ARTCC I get all the frequencies as well as BOS ARTCC/CLE ARTCC boundaries and inbound NY AND BOS I can pick up the CLE ARTCC weakly. 123.875,124.125(BOS ARTCC) as well as NY ARTCC 132.175/121.325 are bounded with CLE ARTCC 119.375/120.625/118.625/128.025 and the rest of NYARTCC(128.575 and 132.875) are bounded by CLE ARTCC 132.925/134.125/119.725/133.075. Just pilots of course no controllers but quite interesting listening.

Offline IndyTower

Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 11:26:24 PM »
HUF would be very nice.  Would be easy to follow VFR traffic as it transitions from IND approach to HUF approach and westbound IND departures on ZID 132.2 and vice versa.  I'm guessing the ZID transmitter is at the airport so you can probably pick up both sides of the conversations.  Keep us updated!

Matt

Offline KPryor

Wow! New Feeds
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 12:02:21 AM »
Will do, Matt.  Gotta save my pennies so I can go buy a good scanner.  I haven't made an antenna for years (ham radio dipoles, etc), but I'm sure I can probably come up with something, once I get the scanner.  I'm hoping I'm not too far from HUF to do this, but we'll see.  Any idea what the range of the various airport transmitters are?  I live about 30 nm roughly southwest of Terre Haute.
KP