Author Topic: ZBW - Boston Center (Misc)  (Read 36792 times)

Offline JetScan1

ZBW - Boston Center (Misc)
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 05:22:19 AM »
>> I could only imagine the pure horror of trying to deceminate the action <<

I agree, the way the Boston Center radio is set up with so many frequencies makes no sense to me either, it might as well have 500 selected, the result is the same. Dave said earlier he is using it for some sort of a test ? Anyway, if people want to listen to more frequencies, we need more radios. Simply loading up one radio with everyones requests makes no sense. So, I've donated enough money for the purchase of another radio that Dave kindly said he would set up at his Boston location for me. Once it's up and running my plan is to have it dedicated to the 4 northeast high sectors ONLY. This should provide good coverage of the North Atlantic traffic, and won't be too saturated that you will still be able to follow what is going on. I'd like to listen to the New York sector on 125.925 as well, so I'll add it in as a test and see how it works, but I suspect it will be too much when it's busy. Plus most of this sector is out of range from Boston anyway. This would be better for a radio located in the New York area on Long Island. But we'll see how it goes ? DJ

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2006, 07:14:49 AM »
DJ...the radio should be here any day now and we'll get the feed going.

And to those of you whose goal is to try and follow every flight from origin to destination, pitch in and help fund what interests you.  As for me, I like to listen to a variety of traffic; not too many frequencies, not too few.  If I miss a couple of transmissions, well, the world won't end.  :-)  Being familiar with the airspace, I am a lot less likely to be confused than most folks.

Dave

Offline cysj_saintjohn

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »
this all sounds great. im fairly new to the whole atc community. anyone want to summarize what just happened in this thread? oh and another thing. is there really a difference between the Uniden BC72XLT and the bc92xlt?

Offline dutchmil

• http://www.dutchmil.nl/CE2007
NY center 125.925
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 08:07:39 PM »
I'd like to listen to the New York sector on 125.925 as well, so I'll add it in as a test and see how it works, but I suspect it will be too much when it's busy. Plus most of this sector is out of range from Boston anyway. This would be better for a radio located in the New York area on Long Island. But we'll see how it goes ? DJ

I was wondering, did you ever put 125.925 in the radio and how did it work out ?? Actually you will get some good traffic on this frequency
from the Boston area, as some aircraft on this frequency close out over ACK to Dovey and then go Oceanic.

Best wishes from the Netherlands,

René.
Live ATC feed from the Netherlands
http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/eham.m3u

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2006, 07:38:06 PM »
Not yet. Actually if Dave is reading this, can you please take out 118.825 and replace it with 125.925, and we'll see what we can get. Thanks.

DJ

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2006, 01:30:17 AM »
OK...but 125.925 was locking up the scanner last I looked.  Some kind of spur(ious) signal in the area or local to my setup.  The problem with too many scanners in close proximity is that the IF's like to talk to each other.  :-)

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 09:35:59 AM »
Dave,

>> OK...but 125.925 was locking up the scanner last I looked. <<

I guess that answers that question. I take it you didn't add it as I can't hear any problems as I listen now ? DJ

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2006, 10:22:04 AM »
I just took out 118.825 and put in 125.925.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2006, 10:51:52 AM »
Dave,

>> I just took out 118.825 and put in 125.925. <<

Thanks. So far so good, doesn't appear to be locking it up. DJ

Offline dutchmil

• http://www.dutchmil.nl/CE2007
NY 125.925
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2006, 06:45:55 PM »
Thank you, Dave and Jetscan.

Regards,