Author Topic: ZBW - MPV52 ?  (Read 7940 times)

Offline JetScan1

ZBW - MPV52 ?
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:51:04 AM »
This is to whoever runs the new ZBW - MPV52 feed (if they read this forum?). Excellent feed, very good reception. I was just wondering if you can hear the controller working the high altitude sector (same area, but above FL240) on 118.825 ? A lot of times they seem to combine these sectors anyway and it would be nice to be able to listen to both. The low guys aren't usually that busy so I don't think it would be too much with both. Also in the low sector not all aircraft are being received, I suspect this might be because they are on the other frequency used in that area, 120.350, any chance of adding that one as well ? Just some suggestions, it's nice to have a feed dedicated to enroute center frequencies without the distraction of busy approach/tower frequencies included. DJ 

Offline MIAMIATC

Re: ZBW - MPV52 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 06:40:36 PM »
do I hear anyone saying 128.05 :-D

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 11:47:30 AM »
Comment from feeder:   Boston often talks on both 120.35 ( Saranac             
Lake ) and 135.7 ( MPV) to cut down labor costs since it is not that             
busy up here.   Putting a feed on 120.35 at the same MPV location               
would be fruitless.  3 mountain ranges and 65 miles will not hear               
much on the 120.35 channel.   And of course trying to listen to the             
low sectored planes, Boston often listens to channels not even near             
BTV.   BTW,  I hear nothing at KBTV or KMPV on 118.825, so I assume             
it's down country from me. 

=============

The feeder there has no interest in putting up scanning receivers.  He has enough technical resources to put up single frequency receivers, but only if the reception is really good.  So no requests for multiple scanning frequencies.  Also, he is a pilot who flies the airspace up there and works in the RF field so I think he knows what's best in terms of what to monitor from his location

-dave

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 01:14:46 PM »
Okay thanks for the info., I guess it's all academic if he's not running a scanner. DJ

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 02:41:09 PM »
OTAY !!!!!!!