airtraffic

Author Topic: ORD new departure feed reception question.  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

ORD new departure feed reception question.
« on: July 16, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »
Happy Monday everyone,

I noticed on the old ORD departure feed you can hear the controller on 125.0.  Yes there is some interference but it's readable.  On the new feed you can't hear the controller on the same frequency.  Is there something that can be adjusted to allow the controller to be heard?  Take care and those who are in very hot areas stay cool.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: ORD new departure feed reception question.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »
There is not anything we can do right now.  It is interference from a cable TV system (leakage).

Offline Chananya Freedman

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »
I don't think I was as clear as I thought I was.  I'm referring to not hearing the controller on 125.0 on the new feed.  Is there something that can be done to improve that?

Offline datainmotion

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 11:26:40 AM »
If there is CATV leakage interfering with the carrier for that frequency, it may be pulling the signal level down to a point where only the aircraft can be heard.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »
I don't think I was as clear as I thought I was.  I'm referring to not hearing the controller on 125.0 on the new feed.  Is there something that can be done to improve that?

Given the location where our receiver is located, there is nothing else we can do at this time.  I understood your question perfectly.  :-)