airtraffic

Author Topic: ZNY ????  (Read 4744 times)

Offline MIAMIATC

ZNY ????
« on: November 08, 2006, 10:27:43 AM »
After listening to Enroute ARTCC I have noticed that it seems that the majority of ARTCC'S that I have listened to either on scanners,radios, or live webfeeds have altitude seperation on their high level frequencies with the exception of ZNY. With how busy ZNY is I am surprised that sectors within ZNY are not altitude seperated frequencies. There are no super high or ultra high's in ZNY. Anybody answer why or any comments from the community ???

Offline JetScan1

Re: ZNY ????
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 01:15:56 PM »
Anybody answer why or any comments from the community

Their sectors are split laterally vs horizontally, mostly around the departure/arrival routes into the New York Terminal area, or in the case of the airpsace directly overhead which is split directionally (southbound to the west, northbound to the east). Except for BOS and the NAT tracks, there's not many population centers from the northwest through south to feed ultra high airspace, so it's not that busy up there with overflight traffic. With the exception of a couple of far eastern sectors, Los Angeles airspace is set up the same way.  Just my 2 cents. DJ