Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 06:22:44 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Aviation
| |-+  Pilot/Controller Forum (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Don't you guys talk???
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't you guys talk???  (Read 14380 times)
captray

G4 in Czech Republic

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 09:31:47 AM »

Like all else in life, there are some that do the job just to get by, and others that give more than 100%.

Cancel the IFR~!
TS@CID

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »

If that were the case would the controller for that first facility hand the pilot off to the next frequency or would s/he instead have instructed the pilot as, "Frequency change approved, squawk VFR, you can try the next facility on XXX.XX?"   From this end of the mike it seems to me that the controller would only hand off a VFR aircraft that was "in the system" and receiving flight following.

My approach control facility has 2 adjacent approach control facilities.  Our radar equipment allows us to handoff aircraft to each other thru our ARTSIIE equipment WITHOUT being in the NAS system.  Basically we are tranferring radar identification with only a call sign.  Obviously there is an mode C altitude, but it has to be verified.  So, if you come over to me, I need to find out that additional info that I require such as your destination and altitude.

Our SOP's only allows VFR handoffs.
mklatval

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 11:58:43 PM »

Just use the term "center advisories" or something like that and you'll get what you want. Requesting a code and saying your destination doesn't impart to me  that you want advisories all the way to your destination.
w0x0f

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 01:40:36 AM »

Just use the term "center advisories" or something like that and you'll get what you want. Requesting a code and saying your destination doesn't impart to me  that you want advisories all the way to your destination.

This is good unless you are going tower enroute, which is very likely in the area we are discussing on the east coast.  "Flight following and advisories to destination" would be a better catch-all request.     

w0x0f
atcssct

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 06:42:47 AM »

and my two cents...if you were asked your point of departure and you were VFR it was definitely a Center since we terminal folks don't particularly care where you departed from. Also, if you were entered into the NAS and the facility you are working with has interface with the next facility's airspace you are flying into, you will be handed off via the ARTS system. If not or the handoff function fails for some reason, our tendency is to terminate you and suggest a frequency for the next guy, but thats based on workload.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length